10 Helpful Tips For Cleaning Your Leather Sofa Like A Pro
A leather sofa is a major investment and one that should last for many years to come. But to keep it looking its best, it needs to be properly cared for and cleaned regularly. To help you out, we’ve put together a list of 10 helpful tips for cleaning your leather sofa like a pro!
1. Avoid direct sunlight: Sunlight can cause the leather to fade and crack over time. So, if you can, try to keep your sofa out of direct sunlight.
2. Vacuum regularly: Vacuuming your sofa regularly is a great way to remove dirt and dust buildup. Just be sure to use a soft brush attachment so you don’t damage the leather.
3. Test it on a small section: Before you start cleaning the entire sofa, it’s a good idea to test the cleaner on a small section at the back of the sofa first. This will help you make sure it’s not too harsh or damaging.
4. Use a microfiber cloth: Microfiber cloths are great for cleaning leather because they are soft and non-abrasive, you can use a soft bristle brush to, so you don’t have to worry about damaging your sofa.
5. Invest in a leather conditioner: Many people think that you don’t need to condition leather, but this isn’t the case. Leather conditioner helps to keep your sofa looking its best and prevents it from cracking, dryness, and fading.
6. Use the proper cleaning products: It’s important to use cleaning products that are specifically designed for use on leather. Check the label before you buy anything and make sure you’re getting the proper cleaner for your type of leather, get a stronger version than you need could end in disaster.
7. Stamp out spills immediately: As soon as something spills on your sofa, try to blot it up with a clean, dry cloth. You should also use a spot leather cleaner specifically designed for leather sofas.
8. Avoid home remedies: Home remedies like vinegar, lemon juice, and baking soda can be damaging to leather. If you’re considering using a home remedy, try it on a small section first to make sure it won’t damage your sofa.
9. Move furniture around: Moving your furniture around occasionally helps to redistribute the wear and keep your sofa looking its best. It also helps to even out sunlight exposure and make sure your sofa doesn’t become discolored in one area.
10. Regular deep cleanings: To keep your leather sofa looking its best for as long as possible, you should give it a deep cleaning every 12 months. This means spot-cleaning spills and vacuuming regularly as well as caring for it with a leather conditioner.
These 10 helpful tips are sure to help you clean your leather sofa like a pro! By following these steps and caring for your sofa properly, you’ll be able to keep it looking its best for years to come. Happy cleaning!